America Recycles Day, a program of Keep America Beautiful, is the only nationally recognized day dedicated to promoting and celebrating recycling in the United States. Every year on or around November 15 (America Recycles Day), millions turn out to thousands of local events held throughout the country to celebrate and learn more about their recycling programs. For more information, visit americarecyclesday.org
- To celebrate and increase recycling.
- To improve education about what is recycled in our community.
- To motivate people to recycle more by providing a way to demonstrate their commitment.
Reasons to Recycle:
- Recycling is the easiest thing we all can do 365 days a year to save energy, conserve natural resources and create green jobs.
- Recycling is a multi-billion dollar industry that employs millions of Americans and helps advance our clean energy economy.
- Our national recycling rate of 34 percent annually:
- Saves the energy equivalent of nearly 229 million barrels of crude oil or nearly 20 days of all U.S. oil imports.
- Avoids greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to removing more than 36 million cars from the road each year.