Pack Up, Pitch In (PUPI) is a multi-week annual collection of reusable and recyclable materials during student move out from campus residence halls and apartments. The collection is a partnership between students, Residence Education and Housing Services, Surplus Store and Recycling and local non-profit organizations.
2014 Pack Up, Pitch In will be April 14-May 6, 2014
- Landfill/Waste minimization.
- Donation of usable materials to local non-profit organizations.
- Food donations increased 41%.
- Glass recycling increased 208%.
- Carpet diversion increased 11%.
- Over 290,000 pounds of clothing and have been collected and donated to non-profit organizations over the past 15 years
|Loft Lumber (lbs.)||Sold/Donated||78,080||79,664|
|Non-Perishable Food (lbs)||Donated||4,489||6,340|
|Carpet (lbs)||Waste to Energy||89,960||99,580|
|Mixed Paper/Boxboard (lbs)||Recycled||40,263||11,907|
|White Office Paper (lbs)||Recycled||4,551||28,682|
|Plastic and Metal Cans (lbs)||Recycled||36,431||34,211|
|Fluorescent tubes (lbs)||Recycled||18||160|
|Metal Futon Frames (lbs)||Recycled||5,287||N/A|
|Total diverted from Landfill||455,279||501,526|
|Refuse sent to Landfill (lbs.)||771,800||856,154|